» The role of biosecurity in the control of Salmonella and Campylobacter, the most important food-borne pathogens in Europe » Biosecurity and Salmonella/Campylobacter control » Reply To: Biosecurity and Salmonella/Campylobacter control
1. Strategies to prevent and control wildlife, rodents, insects, unauthorized human visitors, and fomites (e.g., tools, feed trucks and farm equipment)
2. Soil control. Contaminated soil in the house surroundings has been demonstrated to be an essential source of these pathogens.
3. Cleaning and disinfection is one of the most important tools to avoid Salmonella and Campylobacter dissemination between flocks
4. Staff practices (dipping boots changing the solution as much as possible, washing hands with soap prior to entering the broiler house and the use of coveralls and overshoes)
5. Proper animal immunization of the animals (accurate vaccination programs, feed additives, water quality and animal welfare)