On Tuesday 9 May and Thursday 11 May , the Pluimveehouderij Proefbedrijf will organize study afternoons on laying hen research with a specific focus on prevention of parasites. For example, results and experiences regarding the sustainable control of red mite will be discussed, as well as worm control and biosecurity.
- 12.30 pm: Network lunch
- 1.20 pm: Opening speech by operational manager Proefbedrijf Pluimveehouderij, Ine Kempen
- 1.30 pm: MiteControl : results and experiences regarding sustainable, non-chemical control of red mite (Integrated Pest Management) by researcher Hanne Nijs of Proefbedrijf Pluimveehouderij
- 2.35 pm: Intermezzo: Impact of the CAP poultry sector by Jan Eskens, Department of Agriculture & Fisheries.
- 2.45 pm: Break
- 3.00 pm: Biosecurity on the laying farm, strengths and weaknesses: what could be improved? By Hilde Van Meirhaeghe, Vetworks, from the NetPoulSafe project
- 3.30 pm: Preventive and alternative methods to control worm pressure in organic laying hens by Annatachja De Grande, ILVO
- 4.00 pm: End the afternoon together with a drink
Tuesday 9 May: Poultry Farming Experimental Farm, Poiel 77, 2440 Geel
Thursday 11 May: Inagro, Ieperseweg 87, 8800 Rumbeke-Beitem