the right person

RegisterLog in

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jocelyn Marguerie
    Participant

Assuming he is perfectly skilled to be the coach in the farm he knows very well for a long time, is the regular vet the right person to do the coaching or should he consider to let a colleague of his?

Heleen Prinsen
    Participant

I believe it should not be the own vet that does the coaching, because he or she is not independent or is not seen as independent. I even think that is does not have to be a vet. In our project with antibiotic reduction we work with certified coaches they coach on the proces in the management team, the experts: farmer, veterinarian and advisors have to make a plan to do the technical intervention.The coach is there to reflect and guide the process and sometimes work on certain behaviour change.

Some of our veterinary practices in the Netherlands followed coaching sessions with our coached to do the coaching themselve, so it can work and I understand that it is not for everybody feasible to hire an external coach. But I also think that not everyone is made to coach, you need certain skills for that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Coaching as a supportive measure’ is closed to new topics and replies.