“Short visit” procedure

RegisterLog in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

When a visitor says “I will only do a short visit of the farm”, are you able to adapt your procedure ? How do you proceed ?

Mattias Delpont
    Participant

A short visit is still a visit ith contamination risk. Do you have experience of farmers/visitors not respecting hygiene lock biosecurity rules beacause of a short visit?

Mattias Delpont
    Participant

If the visit is only aimed at having a short look at inside the barn, check the farms records / water tank / lighting, (1) they may even not have to enter the barn, and a window on the door could do the trick (2) or “easy to put” (not requiring the use of hands) gardening clogs could reduce the time dedicated to changing boots. Just like when you like to reduce the time needed to put your slippers on!

Peter van de Laar
    Participant

I think it says a lot about the awareness of hygiene when a visitors states “i only have a short visit” which implicates that he don’t find it necessary to do the complete procedure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Hygiene lock : do you really manage to enter or leave a poultry barn/farm properly ?’ is closed to new topics and replies.