Reply To: What to expect from a coaching ?

RegisterLog in

Heleen Prinsen
Participant

In behavioural model, both intrinsic motivations to change behaviour and external conditions that help determine whether an intended behaviour can (and should) actually be performed are important. The background to this is that interventions and incentives to change behaviour can only be effective if they match the reasons for not carrying out a certain behaviour.

Intrinsic drivers include attitudes towards biosecurity measures, sensitivity to social pressure, perceived behavioural control and capacity (will I keep animal health under control if I follow the biosecurity protocols for my animals?) and risk attitudes and perceptions. External conditions are ‘outside’ characteristics beyond the person’s control such as, for example, laws and regulations, external markets and available knowledge. Also veterinarians or feed suppliers or other farmyard providers can be understood as ‘external factors’ because their attitudes and advice on biosecurity measures can influence the decisions the livestock farmer makes about his actions